Rokespot Fair Use Policy
The Rokespot Fair Use Policy (FUP) is designed by Roke Telkom Limited to make sure that all Rokespot Wi-Fi customers receive a fast and reliable service, whatever the time of day.
This FUP outlines the principles that govern use of the systems, services and equipment provided by Roke Telkom Limited in connection with your Rokespot services.
1. We may amend, modify or substitute this FUP at any time. We recommend that you visit our website regularly to check for any updates or amendments to this FUP.
2. We will take action if you abuse our services. The actions we may take, in our sole discretion, at any time include but are not restricted to:
(a)A quick chat on the phone or an informal email asking for your cooperation
(b)A formal warning written to you
(c)Suspension of your Rokespot account (with or without notice)
(d)Restriction of your access to all or any part of our services (with or without notice)
(e)Termination of your Rokespot account (with or without notice).
3. You are prohibited from using our services in any way that is unlawful, illegal or in any way to the detriment of other Internet users. You also must not allow anybody using your connection to use our services in any way that is unlawful or illegal or in any way to the detriment of other Internet users.
4. Users are responsible for the security of their own devices that are directly or indirectly connected to our systems. This includes, but is not limited to: PCs, Smart phones, tablets, laptops, wired and wireless home networking devices and game consoles.
5. You must keep your password(s) confidential and secure.
6. You are prohibited from attempting to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account (also known as “cracking” or “hacking”). This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for the User, logging into a server or account the User is not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other networks without the express authorization of the owner of such third party network(s).
7.You are prohibited from storing, distributing, transmitting or causing to be published any “prohibited material” through your use of the services, including material that is threatening, harassing, invasive of privacy, discriminatory, obscene or indecent.
8. You are prohibited from using programs containing viruses, Trojans, malware (malicious software), or any tools designed to compromise the security of Internet users, websites and/or systems.
9. At our sole discretion (and without prejudice to any of our other rights pursuant to this AUP and our terms and conditions), we reserve the right to remove any material from any server under our control. In addition to any other action we may take, we reserve the right to notify relevant authorities, regulators and/or other third parties of the use, storage, distribution, transmission, re-transmission or publication of prohibited material.
10. Complaints regarding the conduct of users on our network will be accepted by reporting onto our website http://www.roketelkom.co.ug
12. Each Rokespot voucher is usable on only one device per validity period.
EXCESSIVE BANDWIDTH CONSUMPTION:
Rokespot bandwidth and network resources are not unlimited. For each Rokespot user account, internet usage may not exceed the following limits:
Maximum usage is 1GB per day after which the user will be throttled to 2Mbps and torrent traffic blocked. Common activities that may cause excessive bandwidth consumption include numerous bulk transfer of files and other high-capacity traffic using hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP), file transfer protocol (FTP), videos, peer-to peer applications and newsgroups. In the event that your usage exceeds the above limits, Roke Telkom may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate your service, or request that you purchase a new voucher.